We can't all live in huge mansion's with ample room for our stuff AND us. However, we don't have to feel cramped in our small living spaces. Apartment living can be some of the best years of your life! With these tips, you can make any tiny space feel HUGE!
1. Paint the walls and ceiling a light color. This will make the room feel open and more spacious. You could even add a fun wallpaper to your ceiling! This draws the eye up, giving the illusion of higher ceilings and a larger room.
2. Use creative storage! Bring out your unique flare and re-purpose old items into new funky storage! Not only do you have a fun new focal point of the room, but you've created a way to store items that would normally clutter up the small room!
3. Purchase size appropriate furniture. If you are working with a smaller space, you don't need huge furniture. A few simple statement pieces will do just fine!
4. Leave windows uncovered. This allows natural light to shine in, and give the appearance of a larger room. Nosey neighbors? Try Roman shades instead of curtains to add privacy.
5. Use mirrors to create an illusion of more space! We're not saying go fun house mirror maze, but adding a few mirrors in strategic places will "open" up your space visually.
So the next time you're feeling cramped in your space, try these tips to make that room feel just a bit bigger. Happy decorating!