Move over Old Man Winter, Spring is HERE! March 20th will officially mark the first day and we can't wait! We thought "What better way to celebrate the upcoming warm weather than with Springtime Cocktails!?" Right?! So we hope you enjoy these super yummy, super springtime cocktails!
Strawberry Basil Margarita
(via the kitchn)
This is a super easy and refreshing take on the classic Margarita! Plus, it looks beautiful!
1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate
10 strawberries (or 12 if you're using smaller ones from the farmer's market or your backyard.)
8 basil leaves
2 to 2 1/2 cups tequila (gold or silver)
- Empty the limeade concentrate into a pitcher. Add 2 1/2 cans of water and 1 1/2 (18 ounces, or 2 1/4 cups) cans of tequila (or a bit less, if you don't want your drinks to be quite as strong).
- Hull the strawberries, slice lengthwise, and add to the pitcher. Crumple the basil a little in your hands (this will help the basil flavor release into the drink) and add it to the pitcher, too. Place the pitcher, covered, in the fridge overnight, or for at least four hours.
- When you remove the pitcher from the fridge, your margaritas will be a lovely pale pink color. Now all you have to do is serve them and wait for the compliments to pour in.
This is a perfect drink for springtime parties or any gathering really! Make a pitcher in advance, and let the sweet fruit flavors infuse!
Ingredients (Recipe yields 32 servings):
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 2 green apples cut into cubes
- 2 mangos, peeled and sliced
- 4 (750 milliliter) bottles dry white wine, chilled
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a pitcher, combine peach schnapps, cognac, sugar, sliced oranges and sliced mangos. Chill for at least an hour. Add white wine and ginger ale to the mixture right before serving.
(via Mix That Drink)
- 3/4 ounce green creme de menthe
- 3/4 ounce white creme de cacao
- 3/4 ounce light cream (or single cream, in the UK)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in all ingredients. Shake until chilled, and strain the mixture into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Lillet Rose Springtime Cocktail
(via Martha Stewart)
How beautiful is this drink! With a few simple ingredients you'll have a drink that wow's!
- 12 ounces Lillet Rose
- 12 ounces Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 6 ounces gin
- 6 edible flower blossoms (optional)
Combine 6 ounces Lillet, 6 ounces grapefruit juice, 3 ounces gin, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until well chilled. Strain and divide cocktail among 3 stemmed cocktail glasses, such as Champagne coupes. Repeat.
Garnish with flowers. Serve immediately.
Blushing Whiskey Sour
(via Klein Worth Co.)
- 3 blackberries
- 2 ounces Simple Lemon Syrup
- 1 ounce Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- Crushed Ice
- Add all ingredients to shaker & shake vigorously until blackberries start to break up to give that gorgeous blush color
- Strain into glass packed with fresh crushed ice
- Garnish with additional blackberries
So kickback, and enjoy these delicious drinks as the flowers bloom and the warm breeze picks up! Cheers!